Borrowed word order in phrases

Sarah Thomason thomason at umich.edu
Sun Dec 15 17:18:21 UTC 2013

But that paper in Bilingualism: Language and Cognition is written by people
who don't believe that change in frequency is change.  It's a very odd
belief, and it would rule out any change from a more restricted set of
environments to a "default" status -- for those authors such a change
wouldn't count as any kind of change, no matter how contact-induced it was.

  -- Sally Thomason