Call for papers: 4th Workshop on Immigrant Languages in the Americas, Iceland

Joseph Salmons jsalmons at wisc.edu
Mon Mar 25 15:26:17 UTC 2013

Dear colleagues.

This is to inform you of the fourth workshop on Immigrant Languages in the Americas (with apologies for cross-posting).

Call for Papers:

The 4th Annual Workshop on Immigrant Languages in the Americas will take place at the University of Iceland on Sept. 19-21, 2013.

Keynote Speaker is Maria Polinsky, Professor of Linguistics, Director of the Language Science Lab, Harvard University.

The workshop is organized by The Vigdís Finnbogadóttir Institute of Foreign Languages and The Centre for Research in the Humanities at the University of Iceland.

We invite abstracts for 30-minute presentations on any aspect of the linguistics of heritage languages in the Americas (e.g., structural, generative, historical, sociolinguistic, or experimental). Abstracts can be a maximum of two pages in length (including diagrams, charts, and references), and should be sent anonymously to this email address:

heritagelanguages at hi.is

The submission deadline is May 31, 2013. We will contact those accepted for presentation by June 30, 2013.

Funded by Hugvísindastofnun and SVF

For further information please visit out website (under construction)

www.conference.hi.is/heritagelanguages/

Links to previous workshops:

http://www.psu.edu/dept/heritagelangs/index.htm

http://www.hf.uio.no/iln/english/about/organization/text-laboratory/news-events/events/2011/feforseminar-norskiamerika.html