8th Summer School in Historical Sociolinguistics

Wim Vandenbussche wvdbussc at vub.ac.be
Sat Feb 15 14:48:47 UTC 2014

Summer School Announcement:
8th Summer School in Historical Sociolinguistics

Website:   http://www.uia.no/portaler/om_universitetet/humaniora_og_pedagogikk/nordisk_og_mediefag/summer_school
Dates:     27-Jul-2014 to 3-Aug-2014
Location:  Kristiansand, Vest-Agder, Norway

The University of Agder,
The Vrije Universiteit Brussel and
The University of Bristol

proudly announce the eight summer school organized by the Historical Sociolinguistics Network (HiSoN), offering classes by leading experts on modern and historical sociolinguistics.

The venue is the University of Agder, Kristiansand, Norway. Classes will take place in the morning and afternoon, and you will have the opportunity to present your own research at a special session.

Our teachers in 2014 will be:

- Peter Trudgill (UiA)
- Dennis Preston (Oklahoma)
- Ana Deumert (Cape Town)
- Lars-Gunnar Anderson (Gøteborg)
- Agnieszka Kielkiewicz-Janowiak (Poznan)
- Rik Vosters (Brussels)
- Jan K. Hognestad (Stavanger)

Each course will explore its particular topic with an application to research questions and methods from the field of historical sociolinguistics.
The school will last for one week.
We would like to point out that we are not making a profit from this event and neither organizers nor teachers are paid for their work.

Tuition:  300.00 (EUR), which includes accommodation, lunch and dinner every day, tuition, and an excursion.
Registration Dates:  13-Feb-2014 to 1-Jul-2014
Contact person information:  Ernst Håkon Jahr
Email:   ernsthakon.jahr at uia.no
Register online:  http://www.uia.no/portaler/om_universitetet/humaniora_og_pedagogikk/nordisk_og_mediefag/summer_school