Paul Benedict

Martha Ratliff MRATLIF at CMS.CC.WAYNE.EDU
Tue Jul 22 22:11:51 UTC 1997

Dear colleagues,

It is with a heavy heart that I make the following announcement -- Paul
Benedict was killed in a car accident in Florida yesterday.  I talked with
his wife today, and she told me that he died quickly, without suffering.  I
had just seen him at a meeting of Southeast Asianists in May, where he was
as active and happy as always, and full of ideas for new projects.

If any of you knew Paul and care to write to his wife, the address is as
follows:

Marilyn Benedict
104 River Lane
Ormond Beach, Florida  32176