Nostratic et al. "etymologies"

BRAD COON coon at CVAX.IPFW.INDIANA.EDU
Thu Jun 5 21:18:53 UTC 1997

Is anyone aware of a comprehensive list supposedly very
deep level etymologies.  I am actually interested in those
proposed for pre-Afro-Asiatic, Dene-Caucasian, Nostratic,
etc.  I have seen the handful proposed as Proto-Human
in sources like Ruhlen and Shevoroshkin.  My own work
is with phonesthemes and sound symbolism among other
things and I occasionally come across some new bit of
data looking at lists of this sort.
Any help would be appreciated.
Brad Coon                                     If you are not living on
COON at CVAX.IPFW.INDIANA.EDU                    the edge, you are taking
http://www.ipfw.indiana.edu/east1/coon/web/   up too much space.

"Civilize the mind and make savage the body."
        Chinese proverb