Morris Swadesh

Paulino Llido llidop at gusun.georgetown.edu
Fri Apr 3 16:55:17 UTC 1998

Dear anybody,

I need help in tracing the life and works of Morris Swadesh who wrote I
believe some works on lexico-statistics. Is he still alive? Where may I
obtain a complete list of his works? Are his works part of a collection in
some university? Are any of his relatives still around the US? Would
anybody have a spare copy of his lexico-statistics work?

Likewise, I am exploring the field of lexico-stats now and would want to
know who the linguists are who have dedicated their life to this field and
what and where their works, publications would be?

Thanks for any help and will repost the answers of the contributors,
Paul