Q: HL textbook

Claire Bowern C.Bowern at student.anu.edu.au
Wed Apr 29 13:31:57 UTC 1998

We used Terry Crowley's "Introduction to Historical Linguistics" for a
second year university course. There's a third edition which was published
recently. We supplemented it with a reading brick from various other
authors. Crowley tends to demonstrate his points with languages other than
Indo-European ones, and there's quite a bit on Austronesian from memory. I
can give you the full reference details if you're interested.

Claire Bowern