Q: Early Modern English (bibliographic suggestions)

Larry Trask larryt at cogs.susx.ac.uk
Fri Dec 4 12:25:18 UTC 1998

On Thu, 3 Dec 1998, Jacob Baltuch wrote:

> I'm interested in finding some basic references on Early Modern English
> (syntax, phonology) that also contain good bibliographical pointers to
> the rest of the litterature. I could only find the following titles which
> would seem to fit the bill (although since I haven't seen them, I don't
> know if they really do).

[snip]

There is a standard university textbook of Early Modern English, now in
its second edition; this has a sizeable bibliography, though only a
minority of the items in it are specifically about ENE:

Charles Barber (1997), Early Modern English, 2nd ed., Edinburgh
University Press.

Larry Trask
COGS
University of Sussex