IE, dates, etc.

Miguel Carrasquer Vidal mcv at wxs.nl
Fri Feb 27 00:25:37 UTC 1998

Jacob Baltuch <jacob.baltuch at euronet.be> wrote:

>It is a pleasure to watch a civil debate on the problems of dating
>(the breakup of) PIE, even if PIE only came up as an example in a
>broader discussion.

If anybody's _really_ interested in how such a debate develops on the
Usenet group sci.archaeology, I have uploaded the recent threads in
which I participated to http://home.wxs.nl/~mcv/IE.txt

There is civil debate between myself and (principally) S.M. Sterling,
there are Swadesh lists, Renfrew, Mallory and Gimbutas are discussed,
there's kookery, there's Hubey, there's Out-of-India, there's a
surprising amount of talk about Eskimos, there's poetry and there's
abuse...  And it's only half a megabyte.

Miguel Carrasquer Vidal
mcv at wxs.nl
Amsterdam