Cladistic language concepts

Isidore Dyen dyen at hawaii.edu
Mon Nov 2 21:57:12 UTC 1998

The social conditions are temporary because they are replaced by other
conditions. The effects on the language can be either temporary or
permanent. The effects are often permanent. As for the spread of
socially dominant languages, like it or not, that is going on at a great
pace and there is little that one can see in local resistance that is a
real obstacle to it.