r and s: Galician

Javier Martinez martinez at eucmos.sim.ucm.es
Wed Nov 4 16:59:31 UTC 1998

> The change of s to r before another consonanant is widespread in southern
> Spain and also in Madrid, so that los dedos may be articulated as lor
> dedoh and buenos dias as buenor diah.

it is nice to read it, because I never heard a change like "buenor
diah"  in Madrid, nor in Toledo, Galicia  nor in Southern Spain. You say
"widespread", but I never, *really never*, met it.

You can hear following (sub)standard variants:

in Madrid
  1) buenos dias
  2) bueno dia
in the South (from Toledo toward andalucia)
  3) buenoeh diah
  4) buenoh diah

a Galician should use the standard variation, also "buenos dias", but
"bos dias" (in Galician).

Have  you ever heard "buenor diah" ? Where do you get such informations?
I would like to read about it.

j.m.