uc and ucak

Isidore Dyen dyen at hawaii.edu
Thu Oct 29 21:45:46 UTC 1998

The point that you make is quite right, but I believe that what you are
dealing with is likelihood instead of mathematical probability. What lies
at the bottom of the problem is that the lay word probability most
commonly has the meaning 'likelihood' that is the relation between the
respective probabilities associated with each outcome. ID.