Nota Accusativi

Wolfgang Schulze W.Schulze at lrz.uni-muenchen.de
Fri Dec 17 17:02:04 UTC 1999

Dear all,

as a newcomer to this list I would like to say 'hello' to everybody. Let
me combine these greetings with a very short query: Currently, I'm
collecting data concerning the grammaticalization of what is known as
the 'nota accusativi' (cf. Armenian _nora gorceal e z-gorc_ 'he has done
the work', where _z-_ is the nota accusativi (< *dhe-)). The term 'nota
accusativi' refers to case suffixis/prefixes as well as to corresponding
clitics or other elements the main fucntion of which is to encode the
'accusative' function (in rather traditional terms). I would be
interested to learn whether we can state a lexical source for a given
element (e.g. verb, adverb, pre/posposition etc.), and/or whether a
given nota accusativi has a secondary function that encodes e.g. an
allative, locative-essive or what so ever. I myself have already parsed
most of Indo-European, but would be interested (with respect to IE
languages) in non-Persian Iranian languages. I also have checked Turkic,
Mongolian, Caucasian languages, and Semitic (hence no data required from
these languages, too).

Many greetings,

Wolfgang

Prof. Dr. Wolfgang Schulze
Institut fuer Allgemeine und Indogermanische Sprachwissenschaft
Ludwig-Maximilians-Universitaet München
Geschwister-Scholl-Platz 1
D-80539 München
Tel.: +89-21805343 / Fax: +89-21805345