Position available: Trainee Editor (Mouton de Gruyter)
Julia.Ulrich at DEGRUYTER.COM
Sun Jan 2 22:35:48 UTC 2005
Mouton de Gruyter, Berlin, is currently seeking a
to join our Editorial department, for the period of March 2005 to
Our training program covers the whole spectrum of planning and managing
Your training will focus on the following areas:
* support and involvement on electronic projects (multimedia
publications, maintaining web-based editorial systems);
* project management of book and journal publications;
* editing academic promotional texts (in English) for linguistics
* preparing and supervising the production of new publications
catalogues and trade previews, managing deadlines;
* preparing contracts;
* after initial training, independent responsibility for projects.
As the Editorial department is closely involved with other in-house
departments, the training program will provide a very good overview of
the publishing company's general mode of operation.
It also includes a six-month period during which you will gain direct
experience of other in-house departments.
The person for this post will ideally have:
* completed stage II of their studies (German Hauptstudium or
equivalent) in linguistics or a related subject area;
* excellent computer skills: confident use of standard programs
(Word, Excel, databases, Internet);
* practical experience of working on database publications or with
editorial systems and knowledge of XHTML, XML, Unicode would be an
* very good English and German language skills;
* an eye for detail and the ability to keep to tight schedules;
* a structured and pragmatic way of thinking;
* the ability to work independently, on their own initiative;
* flexibility in their approach to work;
* the ability to work as part of a team.
Please submit written applications by January 17, 2005 to:
MOUTON DE GRUYTER
Dr. Anke Beck
Genthiner Strasse 13
Please do not submit applications by e-mail.
Diese E-Mail und ihre Dateianhaenge ist fuer den angegebenen Empfaenger und/oder die Empfaengergruppe bestimmt. Wenn Sie diese E-Mail versehentlich trotzdem erhalten haben, setzen Sie sich bitte mit dem Absender oder Ihrem Systembetreuer in Verbindung. Diese Fusszeile bestaetigt ausserdem, dass die E-Mail auf zum Pruefzeitpunkt bekannte Viren ueberprueft wurde.
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender or the system manager. This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept for the presence of computer viruses.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Histling