info about Linguistic Institute

Ling Inst linginst at pike.cogsci.uiuc.edu
Tue Jan 26 17:52:04 UTC 1999

Please send the message below to your list.  The 1999 Linguistic Institute
has several courses related to HPSG.  For example, Carl Pollard and Shalom
Lappin are teaching a course on "Situation Semantics for Constraint-Based
Grammar" and Ivan Sag and Gert Webelhuth are teaching a course on "wh-
constructions. Thank you.

Peace,
Kelly Maynard
Grduate Assitant
1999 Linguistic Institute		www.beckman.uiuc.edu/linginst
Department of Linguistics		E-mail:  linginst at uiuc.edu
University of Illinois			Phone:  (217) 333-1563

*********************   1999 LSA Linguistic Institute  *******************

*************************  June 21-July 30, 1999  ************************

****************  University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign ***************

Classes will be offered by 80 leading linguists from all over the world,
in the areas of:

   Syntax, Semantic and Pragmatics
   Phonology  and Phonetics
   Field Methods
   Historical and Indo-European Linguistics
   Psycholinguistics
   Sociolinguistics and Second Language Acquisition
   African, Japanese, Korean, Native American, Semitic, and South Asian
   	Linguistics
   Computational Linguistics

For detailed information on courses, instructors, applications, housing,
etc.
please visit our web site (address below)

STUDENTS at all levels are encouraged to attend.
Tuition is US $1,300 for 6-weeks, or US $1,000 for 4-weeks or less.
Fellowships are available from the LSA (deadline for applications: FEB
11).

AFFILIATES can register directly through the LSA
(6-week affiliate fee is $1035 or $835 for 4-weeks or less.)
For more information on Tuition and Fees please visit our website at
http://www.beckman.uiuc.edu/linginst

We hope to see you this summer!  For more information contact us at:

1999 Linguistic Institute, Department of Linguistics, University of
Illinois--Urbana-Champaign, 4088 FLB, 707 S. Mathews, Urbana, IL  61801.
e-mail linginst at cogsci.uiuc.edu
http://www.beckman.uiuc.edu/linginst
tel (217) 333-1563

*********************http://www.beckman.uiuc.edu/linginst*******************