Looking for book reviewer

Gert Webelhuth webelhuth at unc.edu
Mon Oct 25 14:53:59 UTC 1999

Hi everybody,

I am writing as co-editor of the Journal of Comparative Germanic
Linguistics. As many of you will know, Stefan Mueller recently published a
book

    Deutsche Syntax Deklarativ: Head-Driven Phrase Structure Grammar fuer
das Deutsche

He was so nice to arrange for his publisher to make a review copy available
to our journal and I am thus looking for somebody to write a review of the
book to be published in the journal.

For your information, our reviews can be several pages long and thus give
the reviewer an opportunity to discuss important issues in some depth rather
than just listing how many pages, chapters, and appendices the book has.
Also, the reviewer has the opportunity to discuss the book in the context of
current trends in HPSG and to familiarize a larger audience with the theory.

If you are interested in reviewing the book for us, then please send me an
email and we can discuss the details.

Thanks for your help!

Best,

Gert