Spanish clitics

Chiyo Nishida nishida at utxvms.cc.utexas.edu
Tue Feb 29 14:15:58 UTC 2000

Dear Randy,
I have an article on the use of "se" as in Pedro se comió una manzana,
Pedro se sabe toda la lección, etc.  (The Spanish reflexive clitic se as an
aspectual class marker, Linguistics 32: 425-458). If you would like I will
send you a copy of my paper.  Also a student of mine is working on the use
of "se" as in Pedro se murió, Pedro ya se regresó de Guanajuato, etc.,
which appears with intransitive verbs. Mine and my student's deal with the
use of se that cannot be considered as a valency-reduction morpheme as
proposed in Grimshaw (92), etc.
Best,
Chiyo Nishida
Department of Spanish and Portuguese