pre-conference hike, dinner

Mary Dalrymple dalrymple at parc.xerox.com
Mon Jul 10 16:52:37 UTC 2000

A reminder about the pre-conference activities on July 18: a hike and
picnic lunch in Tilden Park, and a dinner in the evening.  A separate
message has been sent to those who have registered for the hike and
dinner.

* IMPORTANT: If you have registered for either the hike or the dinner
* and DID NOT receive a separate email message from me confirming your
* registration, please let me know right away.

The hike will be in Tilden Park, a beautiful area not too far from the
Berkeley campus.  Information about Tilden Park is available at:
	       http://www.ebparks.org/parks/tilden.htm

People interested in longer hikes can get more information at:
	       http://www.ebparks.org/parks/wildcat.htm

If you are interested in the picnic/hike and can bring your own lunch,
drinks, and snacks, please come to the Orchard picnic site in Tilden
Park at 9:00 AM on July 18.  There is no charge for participation in
the hike.

Please let me know by JULY 15 if you plan to attend the hike and would
like DRINKS/SNACKS (and no transportation or box lunch.)  There will
be a charge of $5.

Other activities in Tilden Park are also available, including swimming
in Lake Anza, for which a fee of $2.50 is charged, as well as golfing
and a range of child-oriented activities.  See the web page for
details.