Shallow processing

Katia Kermanidis kerman at wcl.ee.upatras.gr
Mon Apr 2 10:34:02 UTC 2001

Hi everyone,

1. I know HPSG is mainly used for deep linguistic processing. I was wondering, however, whether there is any work concerning the use of a "lighter" (i.e. a not so detailed, a maybe not so "rich" in information) version of an HPSG grammar for a more shallow kind of processing. The idea would be to use this "light" version as a first stage of processing and to later, given time, augment the grammar gradually.

2. I would also be interested in any work concerning the automatic (e.g. corpora-based) implementation of an HPSG lexicon. I know of most subcategorization papers (Brent, Manning, Carroll, Korhonen, Roland/Jurafsky, de Lima, Buchholz etc).

Thank you very much.

Katia Kermanidis