The Internet Corpora

James A. Crippen james at UnLambda.COM
Wed Apr 4 19:22:52 UTC 2001

Also recall that often common grammar mistakes (both written as well as
spoken) can be very telling as to how grammar is processed mentally.  The
way that certain parts of speech are transposed or inverted by accident in
many cases by competent speakers is often a clue to how the brain is
producing the utterance.  Or even more likely, a clue to the particular
differences from the norm of an individual's linguistic capability.

I'm sure such things have been studied in the past and provided
signifigant contributions to theoretical structure.  Does anyone have a
reference as an example of this sort of study?  I'd be interested in
reading it...

(If I haven't mentioned before I'm just an amateur self-taught 'lingiust'
fascinated with the computational simplicity (as compared to certain other
systems) of the HPSG formalism.  And let me take this moment to thank all
of the researchers involved with HPSG for producing such an (IMHO)
engaging and fascinating theoretical formalism.)

'james

--
James A. Crippen <james at unlambda.com> ,-./-.  Anchorage, Alaska,
Lambda Unlimited: Recursion 'R' Us   |  |/  | USA, 61.2069 N, 149.766 W,