The Internet Corpora

john.agosta at edify.com john.agosta at edify.com
Wed Apr 4 22:05:31 UTC 2001

There's a group that specializes in digital collections, esp. of the
internet, called The Internet Archive. See www.archive.org. It solicits
research projects that want to use the "library"; I don't think any
linguists have taken advantage of it.  Having a stable collection all in one
place has several advantages: Most search engines only cover 15- 40% of the
current net. This collection is more comprehensive and goes back several
years.  It's also all in one place where you can search it, so you don't
need to rely on a commercial search engine's results.

John Mark Agosta       Software Engineer
     408 982-2000      Edify, division of S1 Corp.
mob) 650 465-4707      2840 San Tomas Expy.
did) 408 486-1711      Santa Clara, CA 95051
jagosta at edify.com
oiuiuiuio