English verbs selecting Bare forms

Louise McNally louise.mcnally at trad.upf.es
Thu Apr 5 14:42:58 UTC 2001

Geoff Pullum has studied these "double bare form" constructions
extensively (e.g. "go (and) get", "try and get", etc.)--he
was working on this in the early 90s, and has commented on
this curious fact.  I'm pretty sure he's published an article
on the subject, though I can't remember where -- perhaps in Linguistics?

Louise