Draw AVM

James A. Crippen james at UnLambda.COM
Tue Jan 2 19:25:02 UTC 2001

On Tue, 2 Jan 2001, Robert Levine wrote:

> re Yehuda's complaint about boxed numbers: I couldn't tell if he was
> implicitly excluding LaTeX-based macros, but if you use Chris Manning's
> AVM utility for LaTeX, boxed numbers are a snap: \@n gives you a boxed
> n within the avm environment, and outside it, \avmbox{n} does the same
> thing. They look *way* better than \fbox-generated tags. one of the main
> reasons I stopped using MS-Word was the relative ease of producing AVMs,
> tags etc. using LaTeX with packages like Chris' AVM application...

Actually I was wondering if anyone had pointers to TeX/LaTeX macros for
HPSG.  I tried making some myself but quickly realized that there had to
be better solutions than abusing matrix environments by hand...  And that
certainly someone else had already done the same work.

So does anyone have some locations where LaTeX macros for HPSG could be
found?

What I'd really like to see is a little X application that allows tree
drawing (of any flavor) and exporting the output as LaTeX or Encapsulated
PostScript.

'james

--
James A. Crippen <james at unlambda.com> ,-./-.  Anchorage, Alaska,
Lambda Unlimited: Recursion 'R' Us   |  |/  | USA, 61.2069 N, 149.766 W,