New www site new papers

Tibor Kiss tibor at linguistics.ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Tue Jan 2 14:58:42 UTC 2001

Hi everybody,

I would like to inform you that I have recently put some more recent papers
of mine on my new (and now interactive) www site at
http://www.linguistics.ruhr-uni-bochum.de/~kiss

Three new papers are available:

Semantic constraints on relative clause extraposition:
This paper presents a non-movement syntacto-semantic (HPSG+MRS variant)
analysis of modifier extraposition in German. It discusses all kinds of
extraposition analyses and assumes that modifier extraposition is basically
adjunction plus generalized semantic modification (an anaphoric process).

The ps-file seems to cause problems with certain versions of GSview but
should print even if it cannot be viewed on the screen. (pdf-version also
available)

Configurational and relational scope determination in German (taken from
Kiss/Meurers (2001)):
An analysis of quantification  and the interaction of scope and scrambling
in German.

Anaphora and Exemptness: An analysis of anaphoric binding in German and
English. (Also becoming available as part of the online proceedings of HPSG
2000, UC Berkeley)

Comments are very welcome,

best

Tibor

----
Prof. Dr. Tibor Kiss -- Sprachwissenschaftliches Institut
Ruhr-Universität Bochum, D-44780 Bochum
+49-234-3225114 // +49-177-7468265 // +49-234-3214137 (fax)
You come here, you must think about minimalism