ARG-ST as a head feature

Adam Przepiorkowski adamp at ipipan.waw.pl
Fri Jan 19 18:05:31 UTC 2001

Hi Berthold,

Various works which assume the presence of ARG-ST on phrases, whether by
making ARG-ST a head feature or by other means, are cited in my HPSG 2000
paper available from:

http://www.ling.ohio-state.edu/~adamp/Papers/2000-hpsg/argst.pdf

You can find there also a brief discussion of pros and cons of having
ARG-ST on phrases and an attempt at finding a compromise solution
(analyzing the phenomena which seem to require ARG-ST on phrases and not
giving up the locality (too much)).

Hope this helps.

Best,

	Adam