Under the bed

Stanley Dubinsky DUBINSK at vm.sc.edu
Thu May 10 16:29:06 UTC 2001

You might want to have a look at an article in LI 1995:

Dubinsky, S., and K. Williams.  1995.
Recategorization of prepositions as complementizers.
Linguistic Inquiry 26.125-137

In this article, we show that temporal "prepositions" actually occupy
a complementizer slot in Modern English.

Stanley Dubinsky        e-mail: dubinsky at sc.edu
Director                phone:  803-777-2063
Linguistics Program     phax:   803-777-7514
U of South Carolina     http://www.cla.sc.edu/LING/index.html
Columbia, SC  29208