Learning of feature-based grammars

Tobias Sing tobias.sing at gmx.de
Wed May 16 23:36:17 UTC 2001

Dear all,

the following question does not exactly match the topic of this mailing
list, but as I am not a linguist, I hope to get some hints from the
linguistic community.

I am partially interested in the automatic learning of grammars from
examples, especially in an inductive logic programming (ILP) setting:

I am aware of work about the automatic learning of context free
grammars.
But has there also been some work about learning grammars in
linguistically more sophisticated frameworks, such as feature- /
unification based grammars, or even HPSG -- preferably in ILP?

Again, best regards,
Tobias

--
Tobias Sing