news from Trondheim

Danièle Godard daniele.godard at linguist.jussieu.fr
Fri Sep 14 04:01:39 UTC 2001

Here are some news from Trondheim, where we had a very interesting
conference, in a lovely old city. Many thanks to the organizers, Torbjørn
Nordgård and Lars Hellan, and to Frank van Eynde.

HPSG COMMITTEE:

Let's thank the two members who are leaving, Tsuneko Nakazawa and Erhard
Hinrichs, and welcome to the two new members, Chan Chung and Tibor Kiss.
The members of the HPSG committee are now:
Ash Asudeh, Chan Chung, Daniele Godard, Claire Grover, Andreas Kathol,
Tibor Kiss, Carl Pollard, Ivan Sag, Gert Webelhuth.

SITES FOR THE NEXT CONFERENCES:

-- HPSG 02 will be in Seoul, Korea, organized by Byung-Soo Park and
Jong-Bok Kim.
The chair of the program committee will be Steve Wechsler.
-- HPSG 03 is planned in the US; we are working on the organization.
-- HPSG 04 is planned in Leuwen, Belgium, organized by Franck van Eynde.

PROCEDURE FOR THE FUTURE HPSG CONFERENCES (from 2005 on):

The HPSG committee proposes the following procedure, leading to the choice
of a site for the annual HPSG conference:
1. Alternating continents is desirable, but we should not be rigid about it.
2. In order to get more input from the HPSG community, we will proceed as
follows.
(i) a message will be sent on the hpsg list, asking for proposals and
suggestions. These will be sent to the hpsg committee.
(ii) once the proposals are gathered, they will be made public via a
message on the list. Everyone will then be able to give their reactions to
the hpsg committee.
(iii) on this basis, the committee will make a decision, announced at the
business meeting associated with the annual conference, as well as on the
list.

For the hpsg-committee,
Daniele Godard