Linguist List needs your help! (fwd)

Andrew Carnie carnie at U.Arizona.EDU
Wed Apr 10 20:27:41 UTC 2002

Dear HPSG-L-ers

Given the current discussion of a review on Linguist List, I hope the
following is appropriate. (Even if you all hate the conclusion of the
review!)

Have you ever bought a book because you read about it on the LINGUIST
List? Have you applied for a job you saw advertized on the LINGUIST list?
Do you get your conference announcements from the LINGUIST list? Have you
ever enjoyed reading a battle-royal in the discussion section of the
LINGUIST list?

What would life be like without it? Well, you may soon find out. Like
many donation funded institutions, the LINGUIST list is suffering from
the current recessive economy. All the supporting institutions are cutting
back support and funding. So now, more than ever we rely on the donations
of individuals like you. Did you know that of the 15,400 subscribers who
belong to the list, less than 350 of them make an annual donation.
Wouldn't you like to be one of the elite who do? Unfortunately, if we
don't meet are target this year, the continued health of the institution
we have all come to rely on may well disappear. Please help keep this
important part of our intellectual life going.

Donations, which are tax deductable, can be made at:

http://saussure.linguistlist.org/cfdocs/new-website/LL-WorkingDirs/donation/index.cfm

Please also consider forwarding this message to your dept or other lists
you belong to.

Best,

Andrew

     O  O  O  O  O  		Andrew Carnie, Ph.D.
    <|\/|\/|\/|\/|>  		Asst. Professor of Linguistics
     =  =  =  =  =  		Department of Linguistics
    << << << << << 		Douglass 200E, University of Arizona
    ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ 		Tucson, AZ 85721

				Tel: (520) 621 2802
				Cell: (520) 971 1166
				http://linguistlist.org/~carnie