from a review...

Luis Casillas casillas at stanford.edu
Thu Apr 11 17:23:56 UTC 2002

On Tue, Apr 09, 2002 at 10:00:59PM -0700, Ivan A. Sag wrote:

> FYI.
>
> This is from Mario Montalbetti's (LINGUIST List) review
> of Zagona (2002) The Syntax of Spanish:
>
> [...]
>
> A word to pre-empt inevitable attacks. It is very likely that the native
> speaker of Spanish will object to some grammaticality judgments.

Oh, please don´t get me started on "data" from the supposed "Spanish"
language...

Like a paper I have by somebody whose name I forgot which starts
discussing a "nonstandard" construction in Caribbean Spanish,  and says
something like "this nonstandard construction is used by speakers in all
social levels in these countries, where no stigma is attached to it".
(But nobody uses it in Madrid, so of course it isn´t "standard"...)

--
Luis Casillas
Department of Linguistics