Case syncretism

Georgia g-green at uiuc.edu
Thu Aug 15 13:51:21 UTC 2002

Hi, Tibor--

You're sure this is American English? "Mam" is not used in the US for
"mother"--I only know it from Frank McCourt's "Angela's Ashes", so it sounds
like Irish English to me.  As for the rest of the construction, I swear I
have never heard it. Can you ask the folks you heard it from?
I'm interested in learning more about it.

Georgia