Your mam told my aunt told me

Detmar Meurers dm at ling.ohio-state.edu
Fri Aug 16 18:37:42 UTC 2002

Hi,

> I wonder how you can be sure that none such exist in USA. Of course Tibor
> is the ultimate judge: does he mix with non-standard speakers?

Having Tibor as the ultimate judge for US English is a neat idea -
gives me hope that theories of the German verbal complex will soon
be applicable to English ;-)

Lieben Gruß,
Detmar

--
Detmar Meurers                              Fax: Int + 614 292-8833
The Ohio State University                   Tel: Int + 614 292-0461
Department of Linguistics                   E-Mail: dm at ling.osu.edu
1712 Neil Avenue, Oxley Hall     Homepage: http://ling.osu.edu/~dm/
Columbus OH 43210-1298, USA    PGP key on web page (use encouraged)

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly
one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to
suit facts." Sherlock Holmes in "A Scandal in Bohemia" (A. C. Doyle)