dependency bank available

Noord G.J.M. van vannoord at let.rug.nl
Mon Dec 2 20:15:42 UTC 2002

On Wed, Nov 27, 2002 at 09:53:22AM -0800, Tracy Holloway King wrote:

> Dear fellow HPSGers and LFGers,
>
>      PARC is pleased to announce that a preliminary version of
> its dependency bank is now publicly available at:
>
> http://www.parc.com/istl/groups/nltt/fsbank/

... As a matter of fact our dependency treebank for Dutch was
released last friday. The first cdrom was officially handed
to Hugo Brandt Corstius to celebrate his invited talk at the thirteenth
CLIN meeting last friday here in Groningen. Brandt Corstius was one of
the first computational linguists in the Netherlands. As early as 1978
he wrote a course-book on computational linguistics, in Dutch!

The Alpino Treebank should perhaps also be called a dependency treebank
since it uses the CGN guidelines (Corpus of Spoken Dutch). The resource
is available through the web

http://www.let.rug.nl/~vannoord/trees/

and I also have a few copies of the cdrom available. Please contact me
if you're interested.

Gertjan van Noord
--
Gertjan van Noord Alfa-informatica, RUG,  Postbus 716, 9700 AS Groningen
vannoord at let dot rug dot nl            http://www.let.rug.nl/~vannoord