HPSG Diagrams

Ken Shan ken at digitas.harvard.edu
Tue Dec 3 20:52:42 UTC 2002

On 2002-12-03T12:32:03-0500, Mike Maxwell wrote:
> I've never used LaTeX, but from what I understand, the two are very
> different: LaTeX is a programming language for words, equations etc.,
> while MathType is a wysiwyg solution.

That's a little bit like saying that Prolog is a programming language
while HPSG is not. (:

Anyway, those of us who do use LaTeX may appreciate the many systems
built around it that make it easy to get immediate editing feedback.
One such system is "preview-latex", which displays trees, equations, and
pictures in your Emacs editing window.  I don't use Emacs and I don't
use preview-latex myself, but at the bottom of the preview-latex Web
page (http://preview-latex.sourceforge.net/), below all the cool
screenshots, there is a link to a description of related software.

--
Edit this signature at http://www.digitas.harvard.edu/cgi-bin/ken/sig
"Work to eat, eat to live, live to bike, bike to work."