Reentrancy in feature structures

Carl Pollard pollard at ling.ohio-state.edu
Mon Jul 15 17:28:25 UTC 2002

Not disagreeing with Martin's reply to Ash but sharpening it
a bit: I would say just plain equality is enough to do raising
in a formalism where there are no structural copies: you need
for something associated with the complement subject to be equal
(the selfsame thing as) something associated with the controller.
The nonexistence of structurally isomorphic but nonidentical
things should not affect this. --  Carl