Israel and HPSG

Malouf R. malouf at let.rug.nl
Fri Jul 19 16:46:16 UTC 2002

Hello,

Recently, there has been a discussion on the HPSG-L list concerning
boycotts against Israeli academics and, more generally, the alarming
situation in the Middle East.  While this is an extremely important
(and inflammatory) topic, it is somewhat outside the charter of this
mailing list, which was set up to facilitate discussion of Head-Driven
Phrase Structure Grammar and related linguistic theories.  This is an
unmoderated list, and any member is free to post anything they want.
However, I'd like to suggest that we stick to questions which are
within the topic of the mailing list, and that political discussions
are probably better carried out in a more appropriate forum.

Any comments or suggestions?
--
Rob Malouf
malouf at let.rug.nl