Type identity

Frederik Fouvry fouvry at coli.uni-sb.de
Fri Mar 1 11:16:11 UTC 2002

Hi Berthold,

|     Supposing that
|     there is a type-identity checking mechanism in place,
|
| what's the current situation there, BTW. Does RSRL provide means to
| express type (in)equality??

I'm not aware of any such possibilities, but I'm not the most
appropriate person to answer that question.  As far as I can see,
you need to be able to talk about descriptions of feature
structures within feature structure constraints.  That's an extra
level of abstraction that I (speaking for me personally) have yet
to see integrated in a feature formalism.

Frederik