computational implementation using HPSG grammars

K Vikram bt cse vikram at cse.iitk.ac.in
Sun May 19 09:16:00 UTC 2002

Hi,
	I am working on a parser for a subset of the English language the
output of which will be used for some other purpose.
	I am kind of new to HPSG and would like to know how exactly
computational parsing can be done using lexicons based on such grammars. I
came to know about the LKB and the ALE systems but isn't there a place
where I can find the methodology described. We do not need to deal with
very complicated sentential structures. In that case how many features of
a entry would be needed.
	Also it would be helpful if the reference is not advanced and
very theoritical.  I do not have a linguistic background to understand all
of the jargon though I am comfortable with computer jargon. A one with a
practical approach instead of a theoritical approach would be very
helpful.

I would be grateful to anybody who would help me in this.

Sincerely,
vikram

Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired.
K Vikram
2nd Year, Computer Science and Engineering
302/III
Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur
Kanpur - 208016
Phone: +91-512-597313/597113