Prevailing approaches do not have a computational lexicon

Andrew Carnie carnie at U.Arizona.EDU
Sun Sep 22 22:05:48 UTC 2002

Hi All,

I have been chastized by several other "post-modernist hacks" who lurk on
the list for characterizing the bulk of MP-ers as having retreated to
generative semantics, and lexicalism as being the domain of Noam and his
buds. The question of the lexicalism in MP is very controversial, and
there is certainly no agreement. I didn't intend to imply that my views
were "standard", although they represent the "prevailing view" that
Reinhart is arguing against.

Best,

AC

     O  O  O  O  O  		Andrew Carnie, Ph.D.
    <|\/|\/|\/|\/|>  		Asst. Professor of Linguistics
     =  =  =  =  =  		Department of Linguistics
    << << << << << 		Douglass 200E, University of Arizona
    ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ 		Tucson, AZ 85721

				Tel: (520) 621 2802
				Cell: (520) 971 1166
				http://linguistlist.org/~carnie