resumptive pronouns

Shalom Lappin lappin at dcs.kcl.ac.uk
Sun Sep 29 15:23:40 UTC 2002

Right, Hebrew permits resumptive pronouns in (some) wh-questions as
well as relative clasues, as does Danish. Ur Shlonsky
discusses resumption in Hebrew in several papers, and you might look at
his book Clause structure and Word Order in Hebrew and Arabic Syntax,
Oxford University Press, 1997. N. Erteschik-Shir and S. Lappin (1979),
"Dominance and the Functional Explanation of Island Phenomena", Theoretical
Linguistics, provides an early discussion of resumptive pronouns in Hebrew
and Danish wh-constructions. Regards.
                    Shalom