Sociolinguistic variation and HPSG

Emily M. Bender bender at csli.stanford.edu
Wed Dec 24 21:04:59 UTC 2003

Dear HPSG-list folks,

I am writing a brief article on HPSG and sociolinguistic variation for
the 2nd edition of Elsevier's _Encyclopedia of Language and
Linguistics_.  I'd like to make sure that I'm working from a
compete picture of the work that's been done on this topic.
If you've written on this topic, or know of any relevant references,
please send them along.  I'll post a summary to the list.

I hope you're having an enjoyable holiday season!
Emily

"To a first approximation, all multicellular species are insects."
-- W. Wayt Gibbs, _Scientific American_ November, 2001