Pinker and Jackendoff

dmellow at sfu.ca dmellow at sfu.ca
Tue Aug 17 01:46:26 UTC 2004

Thank you for pointing out these articles.

I am rather astonished by Chomsky's apparent change of perspective on the
nature of cognition -- moving substantially away from universal grammar and
innatism.  Has this shift received much attention (in journals and hallways)
among generative syntactians (broadly defined)? Or have we entered something
of a post-Chomskyian era in which his shifting hypotheses no longer have as
much influence?

Cheers,

Dean Mellow
Simon Fraser University