WYSIWYG LaTeX-editor for Linux

Shalom Lappin lappin at dcs.kcl.ac.uk
Fri Jan 16 13:12:20 UTC 2004

Hi Gert,
   Despite sharing the general dislike of Microsoft, Windows, etc., I
have found the WinEdt is a very good editor/compiler/front end for
Latex. It handles avm and tree macros (from my experience). You can
download a free trial copy and experiment with it. One of my Ph.D students
actually switched over from Linux to Windows because he was so impressed
with WinEdt, and large numbers of my colleagues here in CS at King's
are also using it. I recommend it. Regards.
                     Shalom