Increasing interest in the HPSG conference

Emily M. Bender ebender at u.washington.edu
Thu Jun 24 15:02:43 UTC 2004

Dear HPSG List,

The standing committee has been discussing ways of increasing
interest in/submissions to the HPSG conference.  We would
like to solicit input from the broader HPSG community, and
therefore invite discussion on this list of the following
questions:

1. How might we increase interest in the HPSG conference?
2. Should we encourage more computationally-oriented papers
   at the HPSG conference?
3. What can/should be done to increase interest in HPSG
   generally, particularly among theoretical linguists?

In a separate message, I will be sending a compilation of
our discussion so far, in the hopes that it will provoke
further debate here.

Emily