NEMLAR Arabic Language Resources and Tools conference - Early bird registration: 15th July 2004

Magali Jeanmaire duclaux at elda.fr
Mon Jun 28 13:41:23 UTC 2004

[Please accept our apologies if you have received multiple copies of this
announcement or if you have
already registered]

NEMLAR Arabic Language Resources and Tools conference - Early bird
registration: 15th July 2004
The international conference on Arabic Language Resources and Tools is
organised by the NEMLAR
project consortium and will take place the 22-23 September 2004 in Cairo,
Egypt.

In this conference we will focus on Arabic language technology and on the
necessary language resources
and tools for both research and commercial development of language
technology for Arabic. Multilingual
language technology is also highlighted, as well as general methodologies.
Evaluation of modules and
systems is another field which is closely related to language resources,
because language resources are
used to perform the evaluation. Substantial mutual benefits will be
achieved by addressing these issues
through international collaboration. For this reason, the conference is
organised at the international level.
The conference is held under the auspices of H.E. prof. Ahmad Nazeef, the
Egyptian Minister of Information
& Telecommunications.

**Programme Committee Co chairs:
Khalid Choukri, ELDA - Evaluations and Language resources Distribution
Agency, France
Bente Maegaard, CST - Center for Sprogteknologi, University of Copenhagen,
Denmark

**Local Organising Committee Co chairs:
Muhsin Rashwan, Cairo University, Egypt
Muhammad Atiyya, The Engineering Company for Computer Systems Development,
RDI, Egypt

**Main sponsors:
Sakhr, Egypt
ELRA - European Language Resources Association
Supported by The INCO-MED programme, the European Commission

**Registration:
Early registration before July 15th 2004
For more information please see:
Conference web site: http://www.elda.fr/nemlar-conf
Project web site: http://www.nemlar.org