Island effects

Andrew Carnie carnie at U.Arizona.EDU
Mon Nov 15 18:20:55 UTC 2004

Hi All,

I'm writing up a short encyclopedia article on island effects. I'd like to
mention recent HPSG explanations. Can someone point me to something recent and
accessible on the topic. In particular, is there anything written about
apparent Island effects with wh-insitu? (a la Huang/Watanabe).

Best,

Andrew

	/ \			Andrew Carnie, Ph.D.
       /   \	  		Assoc. Professor of Linguistics
     	  / \    		Department of Linguistics
     	 /   \			Douglass 200E, University of Arizona
    	    / \			Tucson, AZ 85721
	   /   \
				Tel: (520) 621 2802  Cell: (520) 971 1166
				http://linguistics.arizona.edu/~carnie