Language Sciences: Post Doc, University of Rochester, NY, USA

Jeff Runner runner at ling.rochester.edu
Thu Mar 17 14:01:54 UTC 2005

Hi all,

We just posted the following announcement on Linguist List today.

Jeff

University or Organization: University of Rochester
Department: Center for Language Sciences
Job Rank: Post Doc
Specialty Areas: Natural Language Structure, Processing and Acquisition

The Center for Language Sciences at the University of Rochester seeks one
or more outstanding postdoctoral fellows for a NIH-funded training grant.
The Center brings together faculty and students with interests in spoken
and signed languages from the Departments of Brain and Cognitive Sciences,
Computer Science, Linguistics, and Philosophy, as well as the
interdepartmental
program in Neuroscience. We encourage applicants from any of these disciplines
who have expertise in any area of natural language. The training faculty has
combined expertise in formal, behavioral, computational and brain-imaging
approaches to understanding the structure, processing and acquisition of
natural
language. We are particularly interested in postdoctoral fellows who want to
contribute to an interdisciplinary community. NIH fellowships are open only to
US citizens or permanent residents. We encourage applications from women and
minorities. Applicants should send a letter describing their graduate training
and research interests and a curriculum vitae, and arrange to have three
letters
of recommendation sent to the address below. Review of applications will begin
on April 15 and continue until the positions are filled. The start date is
flexible.

Address for Applications:

Professor Michael Tanenhaus
Department of Brain and Cognitive Sciences
Meliora Hall
University of Rochester
Rochester, NY 14627-0268
United States of America

Application Deadline: Open until filled.

Contact Information:

Professor Jeffrey Runner
Email: runner at ling.rochester.edu
Phone: 585-275-2626
Website:
<http://www.bcs.rochester.edu/cls/index.html>http://www.bcs.rochester.edu/cls/index.html

--
Jeffrey T. Runner, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, Department of Linguistics
(585) 275-2626, runner at ling.rochester.edu
http://ling.rochester.edu/faculty/runner.html