Call For Papers: TLS 2005

Frederick Hoyt fmhoyt at mail.utexas.edu
Tue May 24 20:41:32 UTC 2005

Call for Papers
Texas Linguistics Society 9

Morphosyntax of Underrepresented Languages
University of Texas at Austin
November 4-6, 2005

The goal of TLS 9 is to provide a forum for  the presentation of
original research on morphosyntactic phenomena in languages that are
underrepresented in the literature, that is, less studied languages
and/or less-studied varieties of more-represented languages.
We welcome the submission of papers on topics including (but not
limited to): voice, case-marking, agreement, cliticization, complex
predicate formation, verb serialization, noun incorporation,
morphological blocking, lexical integrity, word order variation.

In addition to the above stated goals, the conference encourages
comparisons between different theoretical frameworks.

Invited Speakers include:
Rose-Marie Dechaine
Andrew Garrett
Lisa Green
Sam Mchombo
Stephen Wechsler

Organizing Committee
Douglas S. Bigham, Frederick Hoyt, Nikki Seifert, Alexandra Teodorescu,
Jessica White

Submission Guidelines
Abstracts are invited for 20-minute talks (plus 10 minutes for
discussion). Abstracts should be anonymous and confined to two pages
(including examples and references), with 1-inch margins and in
12-point type. Already published papers will not be accepted.
Submissions are limited to one singly authored and one jointly authored
abstract per author or two jointly authored abstracts.

Electronic submissions should be sent to tls at uts.cc.utexas.edu,
Subject: TLS 9 abstract.

Please submit abstracts as an attachment to an e-mail message (do not
include abstracts in the body of a message). The body of the message
should include the information listed in 1-4 below. PDF versions are
strongly preferred. If necessary, PS, RTF, text, or Word submissions
will be accepted. If a non-PDF format is used, we discourage the use of
nonstandard fonts, since we may not be able to decipher them.

1.	Name(s) of presenter(s)
2.	Affiliation(s) of presenter(s)
3.	Postal address, telephone number, and e-mail address
4.	Title of the paper

Non-electronic submissions, with a separate sheet for the information
in 1-4 above, should be mailed to the following address:

TLS9 Abstract Committee
The University of Texas at Austin
Department of Linguistics
Calhoun Hall 501
1 University Station B5100
Austin, TX 78712-0198
USA

Abstracts must be received by August 10, 2005. Notifications of
acceptance or non-acceptance will be sent by September 15, 2005.

Please send requests for more information to tls at uts.cc.utexas.edu