Reference question -- Solved

Andrew Carnie carnie at U.Arizona.EDU
Sun Feb 12 22:59:13 UTC 2006

Sorry,

Never mind, minutes after sending my last message I found the reference.
(McCawley  1968 is the source for both ideas, although he cites Stockwell,
Bowen & Martin (1964) for the projection hypothesis, and attributes the node
admissability hypothesis to a personal communication with Richard
Stanley). If anyone knows of a different or earlier citation I'd like to
hear.

Best & Apologies for flooding your inboxes.