Grammix CD-Rom and new text book on German and HPSG in German

Stefan Müller Stefan.Mueller at cl.uni-bremen.de
Thu May 4 08:35:54 UTC 2006

Hi everybody,

I finished a text book on German and HPSG. It is written in German. For
every chapter there is a implemented toy grammar which covers the
phenomena discussed so far and uses the feature geometry that was
motivated in the respective chapter.

You will find the book and the grammars at:

http://www.cl.uni-bremen.de/~stefan/Pub/hpsg-lehrbuch.html

Since I am negotiating with publishers, the book is not freely
available, but if you send me an email, I can provide a password for
accessing the book. Comments of every kind are most welcome!

The book will be distributed together with a bootable CD rom that
contains all the software (the Trale system) you need to parse the
example sentences from the book, to have a look at the feature
structures, and to change existing grammars and write new ones. The CD
rom runs on Intel-based PCs and Intel-Macs. No installation is
necessary, just boot from CD rom.

In addition to the Trale system and a fully integrated version of the
test suite tool [incr TSDB()], the CD contains the Babel-System and a
toy grammar of Chinese.

Apart from this the CD Rom contains Momo and other stuff relevant for HPSG.

Please go to the following page for downloading the CD image and for a
more detailed description of what you will find on the CD rom and the
credits for the individual pieces of software.

http://www.cl.uni-bremen.de/Software/Grammix/

Of course comments on the CD rom are very welcome as well.

Thank you very much and best wishes

	Stefan

--
Stefan Müller

Universität Potsdam      Tel: (+49) (+331) 977-2180

http://www.cl.uni-bremen.de/~stefan/

http://www.cl.uni-bremen.de/~stefan/Babel/Interaktiv/